The holidays tend to sneak up on us, but if we listen to our bodies and implement little tips and tricks into our daily lives, we don’t have to let unwanted viruses or bacteria keep us from the joyful festivities!
- Traveling? Wipe down any public spaces (e.g., handlebars, plane food trays, or seat buckles) before settling into your train ride or flight. Plus, since germs are much more likely to spread with hand-to-mouth contact, be mindful of public door handles, escalator rails, elevator buttons, and ATMs.
- Drink up! A key to staying healthy during the holidays (and every season) is to keep your body adequately hydrated with water. So, drink up to make sure you stay ready for all the holiday fun.
- Love. Hand Sanitizer. Head to your local bath and body store to pick up your favorite scented hand sanitizer. It not only protects you from germs, but also leaves you smelling amazing!
- Rest Up! Sometimes the best “beat the germs” home remedy is to…just stay home! Planning a night in to recharge after a long day of holiday festivities will give your body the time it needs to relax and reset.
- Get Active! In all the chaos of planning your holiday merriment, remember to leave a few minutes of your day for a brisk walk or time to hit the gym. Not only will it help you feel better, but you might appreciate the alone time too!
- Shots for Everyone! Well, flu shots that is! Schedule your flu vaccination before flu season kicks into full gear. Remember to double check with your trusted Culbertson provider for the benefits and risks of flu vaccines for you and your family.
If you have any questions or wish to schedule an appointment, contact us today!